I have discovered over the years, that life can be challenging. God desires to sustain us as we look for "splashes of His grace" every day. My desire is that through posts, or book reviews, you may find something that points you to the grace of God, and that He ultimately will make a difference in your life.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Max on Life by Max Lucado

Max Lucado's newest book, Max on Life, is a little different from your typical inspirational Christian book. In this book, Lucado tackles 172 questions that he has been asked over the years as he has served as a pastor and as a writer. Some questions were basic, while others were deep and serious. In his typical writing style, he often painted word pictures, in an easy conversational style, to convey warmth and hope for the reader.

The book is divided into seven broad categories of questions relating to: Hope, Hurt, Help, Him/Her, Home, Have/Have-Nots, and the Hereafter. There is a helpful Topical Index in the back of the book if you are looking for answers on a particular subject. Though I believe Max Lucado did a good job dealing with many of the questions posed, some were a bit more complex than I believe a simple one-page answer is able to provide. Perhaps his answers could be somewhat of a springboard for further reading/study on these topics.
I didn't find the book engaging enough to read straight through, but I don't know if it is really designed for that. I think it may be useful if you were curious about a particular issue or if you have been asked similar questions and didn't quite know how to put the answer into words. This book could be a helpful resource as you begin to formulate an answer that you could share with others.  

So, will all our questions be answered after reading this book? No. We know some questions we have may never be answered fully here on earth. But this book could be a starting point to lead the reader to search out the answer further for himself in God's Word.

I received a complementary copy of this book from the publisher through the BookSneeze.com book review blogger program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”




No comments:

Post a Comment