I have discovered over the years, that life can be challenging. God desires to sustain us as we look for "splashes of His grace" every day. My desire is that through posts, or book reviews, you may find something that points you to the grace of God, and that He ultimately will make a difference in your life.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Fresh Beginning

A New Year!  A Clean Slate!  A Fresh Beginning!  No matter what you call it, January 1st is here and with it comes a chance to start over.  So, once again, I am attempting to do a better job with this blog. I will still post the book reviews, but I want it to be more.  Thus, the name change.  
 
I call it "A Splash of Grace" because I have come to appreciate that I need God's grace EVERY day to survive!  Some days I need a cupful poured over me, but most days I need showers of it!  Oh yeah, and there are those days I need to DIVE into it!  I pray that what I write in this blog may be a "splash" of His grace from me to you.
 
The past year had it's joyful moments, but the Lord also allowed me to travel down some difficult paths personally. It was a hard year, a disappointing one in many ways. There were times when I felt the Lord was very near, and other times when I couldn't find Him at all.  
 
If I could turn back the pages of last year and write a few different chapters in my life's book I probably would, but at the same time, I have learned so much about myself. I have learned who IS God. (and it's not me!)  I have learned that I have an enemy that delights in tormenting me. And I have also learned anew, that God loves me and is FOR me. He has purpose in all things He allows.
 
I don't know all that you have gone through this past year, and I don't know what lies ahead for either of us, but one thing I do know -- God will be here with us and for us! The scripture I begin my new year with is this:
 

"[Because of] the Lord's faithful love we do not perish, for His mercies never end
They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness!
 I say: The Lord is my portion, therefore I will put my hope in Him.
The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the person who seeks Him."
   
Lamentations 3:22-25



Will you join me on this journey? 
Let us daily walk "in the Light",
seeking the Lord and waiting for Him.

 He will be good to us!


No comments:

Post a Comment